[Zope-CMF] Re: [z3-five] Re: CMFonFive and CMF 1.6

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 14:30:01 EST 2006

On 1/5/06, Rob Miller <ra at burningman.com> wrote:
> maybe i'm being dense, but i don't see how merging the code into the CMF
> core improves this.  if i'm understanding this correctly, you wouldn't
> be increasing the number of supported combinations at all;

No, I'd just get rid of a whole lot of potential version combinations,
thereby lessening the support headache that this already is. Although
I admittedly can handle that problem by completely ignoring it, which
seems to be the preferred option here. And I just realized that Five
1.3 and Five in 1.2 differs much more than I thought too. Glaaah. :-P

And CMF 1.6 already has more changes that just GenericSetup, some of
which are already causing me other headaches.

I guess my main problem is that everything else is currently changing
so fast that I don't have time to keep up with the changes, and the
more stuff I fix, the more stuff seems to remain to be fixed. CalZope
2.0 (which is needed for the CalPlone implementation) just looks
further and further away. :-/

> anyway, it's moot, since you've agreed to keep it a separate product for
> now.  thank you.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean I like it. :-)