[Zope-CMF] Re: [z3-five] Re: RFC: products-less python packages as zope2 products

Rocky Burt rocky at serverzen.com
Sat Jan 14 09:18:17 EST 2006

Since this got sent over to the CMF mailing list I'll ask here.

Dear CMF mailing list... :)

I've implemented some functionality on the Five branch which enables
regular zope 2 products to be used from the PYTHONPATH and without
requiring the Products toplevel package.  But I've identified some code
in CMF that needs to be modified to accomodate.  The behaviour works
identical as to before *except* that it now checks products that don't
necessarilly live underneath Products in listDefaultTypeInformation.

I would like to consider including this change in CMF 1.6.  What do you
all think?

- Rocky

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On 1/13/06, yuppie <y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de> wrote:
>
>>- CMF 1.6 is not yet released so it might be possible to change it directly.
>

> I think we should, but this met some resistance. I want to get rid of
> CMFonFive completely. Since CMF with version 1.5.2 became Five-aware,
> CMFonFive has lost it's raison d'etre, and I want to get everything
> into CMF.
>

>>- CMFonFive might be a good place for the patch. The same patch should
>>work for CMF 1.5 and 1.6.
>

> If not, we would end up with four different version of CMFonFive for
> different combinations of Five, Zope and CMF, and I think three is too
> many already.
>
> --
> Lennart Regebro, Nuxeo     http://www.nuxeo.com/
> CPS Content Management     http://www.cps-project.org/