[Zope-CMF] Re: GenericSetup list property purge

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Mon Jan 16 13:22:09 EST 2006

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> I recently introduced the fact that in extension profiles list
> properties aren't purged by default.
> But really this introduces problems, as if you simply import an
> extension profile twice you'll get all you lists doubled.
>
> So I think I'll use the opposite semantic, closer to what was the  case
> before: purge by default for lists even in extension profiles,  except
> if purge="False" is present on the property.

I checked this in.

But actually this revealed what I think is slightly unclear behaviour in the
case of loading extension profiles: the extension profile can happily modify
objects without them being purged, but I believe that as soon as it has to
create a new object, the import context should be switched to
_should_purge=True for that object and the recursion inside it.

What do you think?

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com