[Zope-CMF] Re: [z3-five] Re: RFC: backporting including python-package-product support to support Zope 2.8

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Wed Jan 18 12:30:37 EST 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:20:41 -0800, Andreas Jung <lists at andreas-jung.com>
wrote:

> --On 18. Januar 2006 09:03:15 -0800 Alexander Limi <limi at plone.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Note that I'm not saying it *won't* ship with 2.9, just that we reserve
>> the right to ship with 2.8, since the 2.9 status is still uncertain,
>
> What is uncertain (except the issues with the Windows release)?

The Windows release is a big part of what makes Plone interesting to new
adopters, so that is the primary one.

In addition, I have yet to use a Zope release which didn't have serious
problems in its .0 release. I'm not saying this *has* to be the case with
the 2.9 release - just being realistic. ;)

Can we drop this discussion now? It's getting very repetetive.