[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] status of events support?

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Sat Jan 21 13:17:21 EST 2006

Tres Seaver wrote:
> yuppie wrote:
>>What's the current status of the events support?

For reference, that branch is
svn diff -r 40027:40028
svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/CMF/branches/efge-1.5-five-compatible

>>1.) AFAICS the efge-1.5-five-compatible branch is only merged into the
>>1.6 branch. IIRC there were no plans to merge this into the 1.5 branch
>>because these changes are not 100% backwards compatible. That means that
>>CMF 1.5 should not be used with Five 1.2/1.3 events. Right? Why are
>>those changes not merged into the trunk?

The parts of that branch that have been merged are the reordering of
base classes of Image and File.
CMF 1.6: http://svn.zope.org/?rev=40207&view=rev
I've no idea why I didn't merge it also in trunk, I'll do that now.

The non-merged thing is the one redoing the CMFCatalogAware recursion by
calling super() and the removal of manage_beforeDelete & friends from
Image and File. This should be merged only on 2.0.

>>2.) The CMF 1.6 tests suppress the subscribers deprecation warnings.
>>Wouldn't it be better to use five:deprecatedManageAddDelete?

I guess yes.

>>3.) Is there anything else on the CMF 1.6 / 2.0 todo list that's related
>>to events? Are there any plans to use events in CMF 2.0?
>

> Good questions.  I am about to post a "release status" document, for
> which those issues are germane.  I don't know the answers, BTW, beyond
> the fact that we *do* plan to publish container and object modification
> events in 2.0;  we won't get around to changing the infrastructure
> pieces to be based on those events before a 2.0 release.

I'll provide some help there if needed.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com