[Zope-CMF] caching policy queries

Miles Waller miles at jamkit.com
Wed Jul 5 08:32:28 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have a couple of queries about the caching policy manager.  Can anyone
help?

1.  When 304 responses are enabled, if the function entered for
modification time or etag return anything other than a string, the
comparison always fails, and so the objects do not validate.  This is
because the browser's if-none-xxx header value is a string, and so the
CPM is comparing strings with datetimes.  Is this a bug, or do I have to
manually ensure all the functions return strings each time?

2.  Is there any way to get at the modification time for the actual view
or template that is being rendered?  For example, I would like to
construct an etag of the form 'content.modified() + view.getModTime()'.
  Also, it means I can't get the right modification time from the
filesystem for any pythonscript-generated stylesheets (the closest I can
get is the modtime of the containing folder).  What's the best way round
this?

Thanks for your help,

Miles