[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 1.6.1 beta cycle this coming week

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Sat Jun 3 08:06:49 EDT 2006

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 12:34:53 +0100, Jens Vagelpohl
<jens at dataflake.org> wrote:

>> BTW: Next week I plan to land ZCML support and non-Products package
>> support for registering profiles. Don't know if new features like that
>> should be shipped with CMF 1.6 or if we need a maintenance branch for
>> GenericSetup 1.1.
>
> I'd love to ship as many features with CMF 1.6 so that Plone coders can
> immediately use as many of them as possible and thus ease their jump to
> CMF 2.x down the line. I just need GenericSetup to be compatible with
> Zope 2.8.

+10 - we'd be immensely grateful for this.

Also note that Hanno has done a lot of great work on making Plone 3.0
(which is basically just 2.5 at this point) run on CMF 2(.1?), so we're
already on it. :)

Martin

--
"You can just adapt yourself out of it..." // Archipelago sprint 26/04/2006