[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] DCWorkflow: notifyBefore, notifySuccess and notifyException

Damien Baty damien at pilotsystems.net
Sun Jun 4 15:00:25 EDT 2006

	Hello,

yuppie a écrit :
> yuppie wrote:
>> notifyBefore, notifySuccess and notifyException seem to be completely
>> useless methods.
>>
>> [...]
>
> Oops! I did look in the wrong places. While these methods are doing
> nothing in DCWorkflow and the old DefaultWorkflow they are part of the
> interface expected by the WorkflowTool. So at least in theory third
> party workflows implement these methods.
>
> I wonder if they are used anywhere and what the use cases are.

   FWIW, I raise my hand. ;) CMFNotification [1] is a product which
sends notification emails when specific events occur, which includes
when a workflow transition is triggered.

   To do that, it monkey-patches 'DCWorkflow.notifySuccess()' (among
others) to call an appropriate handler (see [2]).

   To me, this is the only (and less intrusive) way to be notified when
any workflow transition occurs. However, I would be glad to hear about
other (cleaner) implementations. Particularly, I know about Zope 3
events model, but there is no event for workflow transitions, is there?

[1] http://plone.org/products/cmfnotification
[2] http://dev.plone.org/collective/browser/CMFNotification/trunk/patches.py

	Regards,

--
Damien Baty
Pilot Systems - 9, rue Desargues - 75011 Paris