[Zope-CMF] Re: Problem with GenericSetup adapter

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Jun 6 14:55:29 EDT 2006

Hi!

Doyon, Jean-Francois wrote:
> Finally started working on migrating to Zope 2.9.3/CMF 2!
>
> Trying to get some GenericSetup functionality around my classes.

You did find the how-to in GenericSetup/doc?

> I've created my own "adapter" which is based on PropertiesXMLAdapter (for
> now).

What do you mean by "based on"? I can't see PropertiesXMLAdapter used below.

> For some reason however, queryMultiAdapter seems intent on returning
> PropertiesXMLAdapter, and not my own!
>
> I have:
>
> ----
>
> class PortalLocalizerTool(UniqueObject, SimpleItemWithProperties):
>
>     implements(IPortalLocalizer)
>
> ----
>
> <configure xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope">
>
>   <adapter factory=".portallocalizer.PortalLocalizerXMLAdapter"/>
>
> </configure>
>
> ----
>
> class PortalLocalizerXMLAdapter(XMLAdapterBase, PropertyManagerHelpers):
>
>     """ XML im- and exporter for properties. """
>
>     adapts(IPortalLocalizer, ISetupEnviron)
>
> ---
>
> The import step works but using the wrong adapter :(
>
> Did I miss something?

Can't see anything wrong. What do your import and export steps look
like? importSiteProperties and exportSiteProperties are very special
because they configure the site object itself, not a tool within the site.

Cheers,

	Yuppie