[Zope-CMF] [RFC] [Patch] GenericSetup and encodings

Yves Bastide ybastide at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jun 6 17:08:38 EDT 2006

Hi,

GenericSetup has problems handling non-ASCII data. It treats strings
sometimes as ASCII, sometimes as UTF-8, yet it has access to two
variables: its own ISetupContext.getEncoding() (whose use I didn't fully
grok) and CMF's ISetupContext.getSite().getProperty('default_charset').

Attached is a patch using both of them and somewhat working in my setup.
Can knowledgeable people comment on it before I enter a collector issue?
(I'm using GS alongside with CPS, which also needs some patching; yet
basic things, such as exporting-importing an iso8859-15 Title in a CMF
charset-default'ed to iso8859-15, should work)

Thanks!

Yves