[Zope-CMF] Setup of a Site with GenericSetup

Katja Süss k.suess at gmx.net
Mon Jun 12 10:00:54 EDT 2006

>> thats what I'm trying: using the GenericSetup profile of the products
>> to install during Setup of my Site via MyProjectSetup. What do you
>> mean with including their configuration?
>

> Your site is a tool for merging profiles. If you set up your site using
> different profiles a snapshot/export is the merged result. It includes
> all the configuration data of the used profiles.
>
> Cheers, Yuppie

Hi Yuppie,
that's what I feard that you mean by including. Using a snapshot means using a snapshot. Ähm. means setting up a fixed configuration. I thougt it could be possible with GS not only to install a product by applying its profile, but also to apply its profile programmatically. This would prepare for a setup-'product', that not only configures properties, groups, etc, but also install all dependencies (products). This would be the alternative to use the quickinstaller to install several products during installation of one major product to setup a site
As long as I don't know how to (hope you understand my english..) bundle the raw configuration(props, groups, docs,..) and installation of products in one single product, tool or whatever. I have to apply the configuration profile of MyProjectSetup, than the profiles of the products, like MyProduct, and apply the profile of MyProjectTheme.
Regards, Katja