[Zope-CMF] Re: How to customize forms and pages in the CMF for a CMS

BIGB syed.tanveerahmed at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 02:06:27 EST 2006

hi,

Please use plone Archetypes and write a archetype product what are all you
needs in the form after this  write a view page for the end users
presentation thats it .
If you cannot do send me the requirement hope i will do it for you .

Regards,
Tanveer

On 3/1/06, Bradly Bernier <Bradly.Bernier at sothebysinternationalrealty.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 23:37:24 -0000, Bradly Bernier
> <Bradly.Bernier at SothebysInternationalRealty.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> So there isnt a way of doing this just with the CMF? I have looked at
>
> >> plone and it doesn't seem to offer the exact requirments. All I want
> >> to make is a site where my clients can edit the body of 1 or 2 pages
> >> and then add periodic new content that only has a title, small body,
> >> and some pictures. I also am interested in learning more about zope
> >> and would like to know if would be hard for a noob like me to learn
> >> how to do this.
>
> >It's quite often easier to turn things off in Plone than to re-invent
> them
> >on top of plain CMF. What you're asking for is *exactly* what Plone
> does,
> >and it'd be much easier for you to learn how to do so in a Plone
> context
> >than in a pure CMF context, if only because there are books (Plone
> Live's
> >a good one) and lots of documentation and tools like Archetypes and
> >ArchGenXML. Plone isn't perfect, and probably has evolved too much
> >framework for its own good (we're working on it :-) but it is much more
>
> >rapid, you get a lot more usability and integration for free, and it's
>
> >easier to learn than plain CMF.
>
> >Martin
>

> Yah Plone seemed to be just as difficult as the CMF when I looked at it.
> Plone has way to many options that it scares me which I know would never
> work for my very computer illiterate clients. Thanks a lot. I will look
> into the Plone Live's book. All I need is some great documentation and I
> will get it done. I guess after I become fluent with plone I will jump
> into learning Python/DTML/ZPT/Zope and all of the rest :)
>
> Thanks everyone.

Syed Tanveer Ahmed
Web Developer,
100 feet Road  ,