[Zope-CMF] Re: Q about ZCML in skin folder

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Sat Mar 4 18:08:21 EST 2006

Hi Tres. The override did the job and Five is not conflicted. Many
thanks. I have a followup question on the permission namespace.

I am just learning zcml but there is obviously a difference between
reading about it and doing something with it (I hoping by asking
questions and working things out it will get easier :-)).

 From browser in CMFDefault ...

   <browser:page
       for="Products.CMFCore.interfaces.IFolderish"
       name="folder_contents"
       class=".folder.FolderContentsView"
       template="templates/folder_contents.pt"
       permission="cmf.ListFolderContents"
       layer="cmf"
       />

Question is how/where are you deriving the namespace for cmf for
CMFDefault to get the permission cmf.ListFolderContents?

I realize in skin we have said that there is a default layer and a cmf
layer that overrrides it ...

<configure
     xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"
     xmlns:browser="http://namespaces.zope.org/browser"
     i18n_domain="cmf">

   <browser:layer
       name="cmf"
       />

   <browser:skin
       name="cmf"
       layers="cmf default"
       />

I ask this because the way I construct my portal product is from a class
that uses the CMFDefault sources plus my own sources to build it because
it is too difficult otherwise to handle frequent changes. So when I make
my portal product, I will be giving the skin layer a name to reflective
of the product. So lets say the name is testportal:

<configure
     xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"
     xmlns:browser="http://namespaces.zope.org/browser"
     i18n_domain="testportal">

   <browser:layer
       name="testportal"
       />

   <browser:skin
       name="testportal"
       layers="testportal default"
       />

I am using a combination of content types, some are default types so I
will use this as an example.

   <browser:page
       for="Products.CMFCore.interfaces.IFolderish"
       name="folder_contents"
       class=".folder.FolderContentsView"
       template="templates/folder_contents.pt"
       permission="cmf.ListFolderContents"  <-- what should this get
       layer="testportal"
       />

So on permission, what should it get to provide same permission as
CMFDefault.

Regards
David