[Zope-CMF] Re: index_html behavior on Portal Folders in CMF-2.0.0

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Mar 6 03:38:21 EST 2006

Hi David!

David Pratt wrote:
> I've outlined the problem in collector #406.

The issue reported in http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/406 seems to be
an other issue than the invalid ID issue.

> David Pratt wrote:
>> Hi. In CMF-2.0.0 I have discovered I cannot make an index_html on a
>> folder level TTW.
>>
>> Traceback (innermost last):
>>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 114, in publish
>>   Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
>>   Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 359, in
>> manage_addPageTemplate
>>   Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 297, in _setObject
>>   Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 94, in checkValidId
>> BadRequest: The id "index_html" is invalid - it is already in use.
>>
>> index_html's behavior has been to override on a folder level. Has this
>> changed? What is the alternative?

Do you still have the invalid ID problem? I was not able to reproduce
it. Do you see these issues also with a default installation or only
with browser views enabled?

If you enable the views the old TTW customization patterns will no
longer work. If you want to customize the views of specific folders you
can mark those folders TTW with an interface and define views for that
interface in your product.

Cheers,

	Yuppie