[Zope-CMF] Re: Fighting the Zope 2.9 testrunner

Rob Miller ra at burningman.com
Tue Mar 21 01:25:54 EST 2006

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> I'm working on CMFCalendar and running the tests out of the instance
> home like this:
>
> bin/zopectl test -m CMFCalendar -vv
>
> This runs tests, according to the output, but apparently not how or
> where I think it should. No .pyc files appear in the tests directory I
> am looking at and I have verified several times that the Products
> directory in my instance home is linking in the right stuff. No matter
> what I change in the test_Event.py module, the tests run the same way as
> if an entirely different module is loaded.
>
>  From the old testrunner, which I miss *a lot*, I could ensure I am
> indeed running a specific module by doing...
>
> bin/zopectl test Products/CMFCalendar/tests/test_Event.py
>
> Is there an equivalent for this confusing new testrunner?

i've been using:

./bin/zopectl test -mProducts.CMFCalendar

to run all of the tests in a product, and:

./bin/zopectl test -mProducts.CMFCalendar.tests.test_Event

to only run the tests in a specific module.  to only run a specific
test, i believe you use '-t', which uses regex matching, so i believe:

./bin/zopectl test -mProducts.CMFCalendar.tests.test_Event -tinterfaces

would run both "test_z2interfaces" and "test_z3interfaces", but no others.

the syntax is a bit less direct than the old runner.  it's documented,
however, in the zope/testing/testrunner-test-selection.txt file.

-r