[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] five_template slots

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Sun Mar 26 05:23:40 EST 2006

Hi Lennart!

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On 3/26/06, yuppie <y.2006_-E2EsyBC0hj3+aS/vkh9bjw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>> Strange, works for me here and now. I use style_slot in my templates
>>> for CalZope, and they work fine in CPS 3.4.
>> Yes. That is strange. You were lobbying for replacing the old CMF
>> five_template by the CMFonFive five_template and after it was added to
>> CMF 2.0 you removed it from CMFonFive 1.3.
>
> Right, because the one that was in CMF had bugs and to few slots.
>
>> Now you wonder why CalZope works with CPS 3.4. It's because CPS 3.4 uses
>> the old CMF five_template from CMF 1.6, not the broken CMFonFive
>> template that was added to CMF 2.0.
>
> The replacement I did was done not only in 20 but also the current
> branch of CMF which probably was 1.5, then. Otherwise I would not have
> been able to remove it from CMFonFive, as I use CMFonFive with 1.5 and
> 1.6, not with 2.0.

Wrong.

This is the latest revision from the CMF 1.6 branch:
http://svn.zope.org/CMF/branches/1.6/CMFDefault/browser/five_template.pt?rev=40122

It is shipped with CPS 3.4 and was never changed since the initial
checkin. None of your changes are used in CPS 3.4.

>> My question is now: Do we really need the CMF-specific slots in the
>> five_template?
>
> There is no CMF specific slots in five_template, or at least, there
> were none until yesterday.

Wrong.

This is the initial checkin of the CMFonFive five_template in CMF:
http://svn.zope.org/CMF/trunk/CMFDefault/skin/five_template.pt?rev=38594

The difference between the old CMF five_template and this one is that it
adds 'base' and 'header' which are CMF specific slots.

>> Or can we switch back to the old CMF five_template that
>> seems to work fine for CalZope and CPS 3.4?
>
> No, because it didn't work, which is why I replaced it.

Wrong.

You are using the old CMF five_template in CPS 3.4.

Cheers,

	Yuppie