[Zope-CMF] Re: Five: question on zcml

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Wed Mar 29 09:43:34 EST 2006

robert rottermann wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'd like to use GenericSetup in one of our tools.
> In this tool I have a directory exportimpot with a config.zcml and
> actions.py
> (everithing copied from CMFCore actually)
>
> ther is a class declaration for ActionsToolXMLAdapter in
> importexport.actions.py
>
> Why do I get the traceback at the end of this email?
>
> thanks for pointers
> Robert
>

> config.zcml:
>
> *<configure*
>    xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"
>    xmlns:five="http://namespaces.zope.org/five"
>    *>*
>
>   *<include* package=".exportimport"*/>*
>
> *</configure>*
>
> exportimport.config.zcml
> <configure
>    xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"
>    >

>  <adapter
>      factory=".actions.ActionsToolXMLAdapter"
>      provides="Products.GenericSetup.interfaces.IBody"
>      for="Products.CMFCore.interfaces.IActionsTool
>           Products.GenericSetup.interfaces.ISetupEnviron"
>      />
> when I start Zope I get the following error:
> zope.configuration.xmlconfig.ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
> "/home/zope/instances/fifve/Products/Five/skel/site.zcml", line 13.2-13.23
>    ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
> "/home/zope/instances/fifve/Products/RedPick/configure.zcml", line
> 10.2-10.36
>    ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
> "/home/zope/instances/fifve/Products/RedPick/exportimport/configure.zcml",
> line 5.2-10.8
>    ConfigurationError: ('Invalid value for', 'factory', 'Module
> Products.RedPick.exportimport.actions has no global
> ActionsToolXMLAdapter in .actions.ActionsToolXMLAdapter')

The factory for the adapter is identified using a "relative" lookup when
its dotted name starts with a period.  You have a module,
Products.RedPick.exportimport.actions, but it doesn't have that class.
Products.CMFCore.exportimport.actions *does* have it.  You need to either:

  - Point to the one in CMFCore, e.g.:
    factory="Products.CMFCore.exportimport.acitons.ActionsToolXMLAdapter

  - Import it or override it in your local actions module.

Tres.
- --
Tres Seaver          +1 202-558-7113          tseaver at palladion.com