[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] tseaver-catalog_events branch

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Sun May 7 19:14:55 EDT 2006

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

>> I finally found some time to have a look at the tseaver-catalog_events
>> branch. The last failing test is fixed now and I have some questions:
>
> Thanks for that, I think I was at a point where I didn't see the forest
> for the trees.
>

>> 1.) The ContentishSublocations adapter is not registered by default,
>> just for unit tests. Why?
>>
>> 2.) Instead of using a customized ISublocations adapter and
>> _recurseOpaques in handleObjectEvent: Can't we just add a new
>> subscriber that dispatches to opaque items like dispatchToSublocations
>> dispatches to sublocations?
>
> I think Tres would know best what the original aim was.

I think both ways work. Whichever is best is a matter of taste. Having a
second subscriber would mean two recursions more or less in parallel
(even though in practice I don't think it would matter); I think I
prefer the new ISublocations adapter way.

>> 3.) Does this branch make the unmerged part of the
>> efge-1.5-five-compatible branch obsolete?
>
> Not sure what's in there.

I haven't looked at it in a while or compared it to Tres's, but keep in
mind it was just an early experiment to "show the way", I'm pretty sure
Tres's work obsoletes it.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com