[Zope-CMF] Re: SVN: CMF/branches/1.6/ Use GenericSetup 1.2 branch.

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Nov 27 05:53:27 EST 2006

Hi!

Tres Seaver wrote:

> Stefan H. Holek wrote:
>> Property changes on: CMF/branches/1.6
>> Name: svn:externals
>>    - #
>> # Used for maintenance of external resources in this svn bundle.  Edit
>> # this file as appropriate and then run the following command from within
>> # the checkout directory where this file lives on your local machine:
>> #
>> # svn propset svn:externals -F ./EXTERNALS.TXT .
>> #
>> GenericSetup svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/GenericSetup/tags/CMF-1.6.1-final
>>
>>    + #
>> # Used for maintenance of external resources in this svn bundle.  Edit
>> # this file as appropriate and then run the following command from within
>> # the checkout directory where this file lives on your local machine:
>> #
>> # svn propset svn:externals -F ./EXTERNALS.TXT .
>> #
>> GenericSetup svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/GenericSetup/branches/1.2
>

> Stefan,
>
> I don't think this is a legitimate switch:  GS 1.2 is *much* later, in
> terms of release management, than CMF 1.6, and introduces new features.

Currently GenericSetup 1.2 is the only version with a maintenance
branch. CMF-1.6.1-final was tagged *after* GenericSetup 1.1, so an
additional 1.1 maintenance branch would not help us. Therefore using
GenericSetup 1.2 in CMF 1.6 might be the best solution.

What I really don't like are externals that point to the *HEAD* of a
branch. Instead of moving targets we should use revision numbers. (It
might make sense to make an exception for CMF trunk.)

Just my 2 cents.

Yuppie