[Zope-CMF] Re: import-steps

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Oct 9 13:20:27 EDT 2006

Hi Katja!

Katja Süss wrote:
> I would like to make a suggestion: After selecting a profile make only
> import-steps included in selected profile available.

Just to make sure you understand the current behavior:

- import_steps.xml is used for registering available setup handlers, not
available setup steps.

- Configuration files (like catalog.xml) represent the import steps
available in the selected profile.

- If the file is not available that means the import step is not
available and the setup handler has nothing to do.

> Why would I like this?
> I have a setup profile (prepopulating site, settting properties, etc)
> and an install profile.
> When updating to a new release only import steps of install profile
> should be run.
> It would be cake if the updater only has to select the profile, select
> 'all steps' and push the run button.
> Curious to read comments.

Your install profile just contains files for steps that should be
available. Right?

So what goes wrong if you select 'all steps'? If setup handlers do
anything without finding their configuration files in the current
profile the handlers are broken.

Cheers,

	Yuppie