[Zope-CMF] CachingPolicyManager

Dieter.Maurer at Haufe.de Dieter.Maurer at Haufe.de
Fri Oct 13 14:06:52 EDT 2006

Jens Vagelpohl wrote at 2006-10-11 12:03 -0400:
>I'm not sure this can be called a bug. It is true (and perfectly
>normal) that rendering a filesystem page template will always call
>the CPM. You're rendering both here. Since output_page_2 is rendered
>last as it's calles from output_page_1 the rule for output_page_2
>fires and will overwrite existing headers/add new headers according
>to the rule that fires. The problem here is that both happen in the
>same request, the rendering code does not distinguish betwen the
>primary and the nested rendering.

Thus, this *is* the bug. It should distinguish between primary and nested
rendering.

Unfortunately, the bug is probably deep -- affecting the complete
cache integration. Even more importantly, for a RAM cache it may
even be a good thing that the "nested" rendering can cache in addition
to the "primary" rendering.

--
Viele Grüße
Dieter