[Zope-CMF] Re: Metadata & Tool Questions

Doyon, Jean-Francois jdoyon at NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Oct 31 16:20:53 EST 2006

Ah ha.  Good point about the workflow issues.  I haven't tackled that
part yet, but indeed, a workflow state/transition would be the best
place to validate metadata based on policies ...

I'll have a look at what you suggest re: import/export, thanks!

As for the vocabularies, it wouldn't be one per type, but just many
possible vocabularies, for any given type.  The problem is they need to
be identified separately within the tool, because at output, the
scheme="" of the meta tag needs to be set.  So "Subject" can have 3
vocabularies valid for all types, and each needs to know the scheme it
belongs to.

In the output, it would be:

blah, blah" />
bloh, bloh" />

(With vocabulary enforced).

As for the remote vocabularies, they're remote, but internal to our
organisation, I would be too worried about performance, and can always
cache with _v_ attributes or something like that if need be.

Thanks Tres, very helpful.

J.F.