[Zope-CMF] Re: Tools as local utilities

Rocky Burt rocky at serverzen.com
Sun Sep 10 08:53:21 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-09 at 12:57 +0200, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> On 9 Sep 2006, at 22:57, Martin Aspeli wrote:
>
> > philiKON pointed out something interesting to me the other day - we
> > could actually register the existing tools as local utilities as of
> > Zope 2.10. That way, you could do this:
>
> This sounds fine, but we'd probably want to wait until we have a CMF
> version that does require 2.10, right? HEAD says Zope >= 2.9. Unless
> we want to work with indirections that know how to do the right thing.

I guess as far as the Plone community is concerned having CMF 2.1
require Zope 2.10 would be no problem since the next release of Plone
will require Zope 2.10.  Of course I'm not going to be naive enough to
think just because it's ok for the Plone community it's good enough for
all other CMF consumers :)

- Rocky

--
Rocky Burt