[Zope-CMF] Re: Tools as local utilities

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Sep 13 08:19:54 EDT 2006

Hi!

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> Personally, I'm neutral on moving the requirement for CMF 2.1 to Zope
> 2.10. Obviously we're not using any of those new features yet, but it
> would be nice to enable their use by mandating 2.10. CMF 2.2 will move
> the bar higher I'd wager.
>
> I'd love to hear some kind of yay/nay for making Zope 2.10 the required
> platform for CMF 2.1 from some other people like Tres, Yvo, Florent etc.

In my sandbox I have code that uses formlib for some
CMFDefault/CMFCalendar views. I plan to write a proposal for replacing
the current view based forms by formlib based forms in CMF 2.1.

formlib requires at least Zope 2.9 with Five 1.4. Zope 2.10 will ship
with Five 1.5 so there would be no need for installing a different Five
version. Other reasons for mandating 2.10 were already mentioned, so +1
from me.

But please let's wait until Zope 2.10 is more mature. At least
http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2117 should be fixed. And there
might be other regressions in Zope 2.10 - I'm still working on 2.9.

Cheers,

	Yuppie