[Zope-CMF] caching policy manager

Dmitry S. Makovey dmitry at athabascau.ca
Fri Sep 15 13:50:14 EDT 2006

On Friday 15 September 2006 11:27, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> >Dieter, are you saying that it's fixed somwhere in SVN or is it in
> >your "private" repository?
>
> In our private repository.

would you care to attach your "patch" to

http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/454

?

I believe it will be enormously useful for others who are trying to
use CMF framework for things that are not HTML :)

For future references:
For now I've deployed workaround - Apache adds missing headers to
files that are in a list of known *binary* files
(.doc, .xls, .pdf, .ppt, etc.)

        SetEnvIf Request_URI "\.(xls|doc|ppt|mpp|pdf|vsd)
(/download)*$" BINARY_DATA
        Header add Cache-Control "no-cache" env=BINARY_DATA
        Header add Pragma "no-cache" env=BINARY_DATA

As a next step I'll be applying Dieter's changes and if everything is
fine - discard the ugly workaround.

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator