[Zope-CMF] Re: GenericSetup ATContentTypes global_allow

Katja Süss k.suess at gmx.net
Tue Sep 19 14:48:44 EDT 2006

>>> You shouldn't need to "post-process" the type information objects,
>>> because they have the 'global_allow' attribute stored in the profile
>>> data:  just arrange to have that value be False
>>>
>>> E.g., instead of::
>>>
>>>  <property name="global_allow">True</property>
>>>
>>> change it to::
>>>
>>>  <property name="global_allow">False</property>
>>>
>> Ok, I do it like this for my custom types. But what to do with
>> ATDocument, etc?
>
> If you are creating a "base" profile (one which controls the *entire*
> site), then you will have 'types/ATDocument.xml' inside it, and can
> modify that flag yourself.  If you *aren't* creating a base profile,
> then why would you want to modify the types created in the base?
> "Extension" profiles are normally "additive" to the site.
>

> Tres.
> - --

why not? A product with custom content types and one or two of standard content types allowed only in defined folderish custom types.
As I don't need to modify for example ATFile I don't want to subclass this only to make it not allowed in general. For the moment I don't see another way to create a profiles/install/types/ATFile.xml