[Zope-CMF] Re: GenericSetup ATContentTypes global_allow

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Thu Sep 21 03:33:21 EDT 2006

Suresh V. schrieb:
> Katja Süss wrote:
>

>> why not? A product with custom content types and one or two of
>> standard content types allowed only in defined folderish custom types.
>> As I don't need to modify for example ATFile I don't want to subclass
>> this only to make it not allowed in general. For the moment I don't
>> see another way to create a profiles/install/types/ATFile.xml
>
> Shouldn't you be using allowed_types for your new folderish types and
> not muck with ATDocument/ATFile etc.?

That's not the point. The question is, say, you want (some of) the
default types *only* be addable to your custom type, so you want to
replicate what you do in ZMI by ticking one check box: the 'implicitly
addable' flag on a default type.

In the old days this would have been something like this (pseudo code):

   typesTool['File'].manage_changeProperties(global_allow=False)

in the custom product's install.

The question is: how would you do that from an extension profile
without replicating the entire 'File' fti for just this little change?

Raphael