[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] unresolved site manager related issues

yuppie y.2007- at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Apr 12 06:22:40 EDT 2007

Hi!

Balazs Ree wrote:
> The root problem is that the z3 component lookup, in case site managers
> are chained, is accessing the data of the chained site managers directly
> and bypassing its code. Iow it does not matter whatever acquisition
> wrapping you add in five.lsm. If there is any other site manager that
> appears, and that is not inheriting directly from five.lsm (and why would
> it?), it will access the registry data from the sitemanager of five, but
> bypass the methods that would add the acquisition wrapping in five.lsm,
> and will use _its own_ methods for returning that data. Which means
> principles of object oriented programming are somewhat broken and
> actually if I had not spent a few days debugging this problem, I would
> not easily suppose or believe this even myself, but this seems to be the
> case.

That code is hard to read, but AFAICS the lists and dictionaries in the
AdapterRegistry (_adapters, _subscribers, _provided) are looked up
directly. Did anybody try to use customized lists and dictionaries for
five.lsm that do the wrapping? Or can anybody tell me why that would be
a bad idea? I guess performance might be a problem.

Cheers,

	Yuppie