[Zope-CMF] script to update permissions

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Thu Aug 2 17:28:17 EDT 2007

Am 02.08.2007 um 23:17 schrieb David Chelimsky:

> I want to write a script that will traverse a directory tree and
> update the View permission on any Folder that meets certain criteria.
>
> Suggestions?

This might sound trite but walking a folder hierarchy shouldn't be
difficult and assuming you give the Script a manager proxy role it
shouldn't have any trouble adjusting permissions.

However, this might not be what you want. Assuming the folders aquire
the permissions of the parent, might it not be simpler to adjust the
permissions of the highest level folder? This would certainly be the
most manageable.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark