[Zope-CMF] [dev] GenericSetup: using global steps

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Fri Dec 21 07:17:56 EST 2007

Am 19.12.2007 um 21:53 schrieb yuppie:

> GenericSetup trunk has global step registries. I propose to use the
> new ZCML directive for registering all GenericSetup and CMF import
> and export steps globally. And to remove the import_steps.xml and
> export_steps.xml files from the profiles shipped with CMF.

Sounds good to me although I'm not 100% sure if I understand the
implications. I've never worked with import & export: don't they just
produce pickles. I have recently had the need to replace existing
profiles and it would seem logical to me to be able to do this from
ZCML assuming the XML for the properties is correct - I've noticed
that this does not get checked when starting Zope.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20