[Zope-CMF] Re: Adapterizing CMFCore.WorkflowTool

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Sun Dec 30 13:21:58 EST 2007

yuppie wrote:
<snip/>
>> and adapterizing workflow status and history:
>> http://plone.org/products/roadmap/221
>
> +1
>
> I just would prefer named adapters over multi-adapters. And deprecate
> getHistoryOf, setStatusOf and getStatusOf.

The problem with using named adapters is that it becomes necessary to
make individual registrations for every workflow id. You could have all
calling code fallback to general interface lookup, but this would make
it pretty much impossible to deprecate getHistoryOf, setStatusOf and
getStatusOf. Perhaps I've missed a better way of handling this?

Laurence