[Zope-CMF] workflow and deletes

Miles miles at jamkit.com
Wed Feb 14 09:10:11 EST 2007

Hi,

I'd like my workflow to be notified when an object is deleted, so it has
the chance to veto deletion, or do some tidy-up on related objects.
However at the moment, the workflow tool is not wired up to react to
deletion at all.

I was wondering how - if at all - others have made a workflow react to
deletion of an object.  Is there any call for some hook/event that
allows workflows to respond to this event?  It seems a bit odd to me
that workflows are carefully notified of creation via notifyCreated, but
can't do anything about deletions.

I thought of creating a 'delete' workflow action, but that would cause
problems if ever the object were deleted via a different mechanism (e.g.
zmi).

Thanks

Miles