[Zope-CMF] Re: [CMF 2.1] FSPageTemplate & Unicode

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Jan 7 02:11:51 EST 2007

Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> Martin Aspeli wrote:
>> Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>>
>>> PhiliKON some time ago suggested that Five should wrap the utilities
>>> eventually but nobody followed up on that idea.
>> Philipp also has some ideas (not too far off completion, I believe) that
>> may remove some of the acquisition intermingling. I'm not sure they'd
>> apply here.
>
> Yep, he worked on making the Zope 2 security policy aware of the
> ILocation interface as an alternative to the Acquisition hierarchy IIRC.
> This is targeted at Zope 2.11 though and last time I asked he still got
> segfaults ;)

I still do as I haven't found much time to work on this further. I'm
looking for someone to take over my branch (knowledge of Python C API
and experience with debugging C code required). I consider this a
crucial step in moving forward. Acquisition is really getting in the way
now and having the simpler __parent__ API be supported as an alternative
in Zope 2 would simplify things a lot -- also in this case. Alas, I'm
running out of time and experience with this stuff. :(

2nd edition of Web Component Development with Zope 3 is now shipping!