[Zope-CMF] Re: Installing a CMF Content Type from scratch

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Tue Jan 9 11:48:02 EST 2007

Am 08.01.2007 um 17:01 schrieb Tres Seaver:

> Depends.  If your type has any other customizations (e.g., workflows,
> caching policies, metadata constraints, etc.) then you need to
> tweak the
> releavant tools, as well.

It is a fairly standard document. Essentially a News Item on steroids.

> I would recommend doing this as follows:
>
>   - Start from a "clean" site, created via "Configured CMF Site" (so
>     that it uses the GenericSetup tool and the "baseline" profile).

I am doing just that.

>   - Add your type information, skins, etc. and test.

I think this is the bit I'm fuzzy about. Is adding the type
information simply a question of adding a type in portal-types? If so
I'm doing something wrong because it my type is not appearing in the
pull-down list.

>   - Once everything works, visit the 'portal_setup' tool and create
>     a new snapshot.
>
>   - Compare that snapshot against the "initial_configuration" one,
>     to review your changes.

Thanks

Charlie
--