[Zope-CMF] Re: Installing a CMF Content Type from scratch

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Tue Jan 9 19:01:06 EST 2007

Am 09.01.2007 um 22:26 schrieb Tres Seaver:

>> I think this is the bit I'm fuzzy about. Is adding the type
>> information simply a question of adding a type in portal-types? If so
>> I'm doing something wrong because it my type is not appearing in the
>> pull-down list.
>
> You may need to check its "globally_addable" property (the type
> object's) and verify that the container into which you would like
> to add
> an instance does not have a type-based restriction on adding (e.g.,
> the
> 'filter_contents' and 'allowed_types' settings on the container's type
> informatino object).

I realise I'm being somewhat obtuse about this but where do I set the
globally_addable property? I've been basing my stuff on the example
in the Plone book but also on CMFCalendar. My Zope Product gets
installed with no errors. This is my factory_type_information

factory_type_information = {
     'id': product_id,
     'meta_type': product_name,
     'description': ('Extremely flexible type of article.'),
     'product': product_name,
     'content_icon': 'newsitem.gif',
     'immediate_view': 'view',
     'actions': (