[Zope-CMF] IObjectAdded vs. manage_afterAdd

Doyon, Jean-Francois jdoyon at NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Jan 23 08:15:51 EST 2007

Yes, well, I didn't show the code for my handler, but it is there:

def added(ob, event):
    """ Create the first page of a Map Text upon creation. """
    print "GOT HERE"
    try:
        if not hasattr(ob.aq_explicit, '1'): ob.invokeFactory('Map
Text', '1')
    except:
        pass

I notice however that your example uses
"zope.component.interfaces.IObjectAdded" vs. mine which uses
"zope.app.container.interfaces.IObjectAddedEvent" ...

Like I said, my event handler works for a tool ... But I guess maybe
that's not the right event registration ... I'll try your examples.

Thanks,

J.F.