[Zope-CMF] Re: Moving to browser views

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Wed Jul 18 16:22:49 EDT 2007

Am 18.07.2007 um 22:07 schrieb Rob Miller:

> while it may be appropriate in some cases to pass values directly
> into the template like this, usually the template pulls the values
> from the view class.  you can make "name" an attribute (or a
> property) of the view class, and then use the "view/name" TALES
> expression within the template.

Okay, thanks! I'm nearly there. I think. %-? ;-)

Because I'm only creating essentially a slightly different view of an
event I've taken the ZCML for the standard view as a lead:

   <browser:page
       for="Products.CMFCalendar.interfaces.IEvent"
       layer="Products.CMFDefault.interfaces.ICMFDefaultSkin"
       name="event_iCal_view"
       class=".event.EventiCalView"
       permission="zope2.View"
       />

is event_iCal_view my view class?

So, let's say I need to turn my creation date into
20030127T090000Z

I can call this in my view class via
self.startdate = self.context.CreationDate()

and call this in my template via

view/startdate?

Charlie
--