[Zope-CMF] Re: SVN: CMF/branches/2.1/C - changed the way skins are set up, using __before_publishing_traverse__ instead of __of__

yuppie y.2007- at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Jun 21 04:51:12 EDT 2007

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> yuppie wrote at 2007-6-18 11:29 +0200:
>> Please let me know if you think this checkin causes too much trouble and
>> should be reverted.
>
> We are using portals and their skins widely in scripts executed
> outside of Zope. Especially, they do not use the ZPublisher
> to traverse to the objects but use more direct methods (which
> do not look for "__before_publishing_traverse__").
>
> Your change will break all these scripts....

I guess they will anyway need a new setSite() call to work correctly in
CMF 2.1. Setting up the skin explicitly is just one extra line of code.

I'm in the process of reverting the tools-as-utilities changes for the
skins tool because it is not ready for that change. That means the old
code would still work in CMF 2.1. But I prefer the explicit way and as
soon as the skins tool becomes an utility the implicit setup in the
__of__ method no longer works. So better now than changing your scripts
again for CMF 2.2.

Cheers, Yuppie