[Zope-CMF] Re: New factory stuff

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Fri Jun 22 06:37:03 EDT 2007

Am 22.06.2007 um 12:04 schrieb yuppie:

> Did you register your factory as utility? Did you make sure
> 'product' is empty in your type info?

I did register it as a utility but product wasn't empty! Seems to be
working now

Does this mean that product initialisation in __init__.py can be
reduced to simple imports? ie.

import Employee

with no more calls to utils.ToolInit and utils.ContentInit?

>> Do I need to create my own namespace to register content types or
>> can I insert them in the cmf one?
>
> The only reason a namespace is used is to make sure identifiers are
> unique. If you use your own namespace, you don't have to care about
> utility names used by other products.

That does indeed make sense. Thank you very much!

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20