[Zope-CMF] Re: Derived Content Types & WebDAV

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Wed Mar 28 13:26:18 EDT 2007

Am 28.03.2007 um 18:45 schrieb Tres Seaver:

>> I would be quite surprised if these methods had much to do
>> with WebDAV editing. Instead, I would look for "PROPPATCH"
>> (and how it is implemented).
>
> The methods Charlie lays out are used to "crack" metadata from the
> body
> of a content object (Document, NewsItem, Event) during a PUT.
> PROPPATCH
> would indeed be the way to modify the values without re-uploading
> the body.

I'm a bit confused! (Not for the first time!) The changes I've
implemented are working for us: we're editing documents in the WebDAV
file system using text/HTML editors. As it's not just the meta-data
that may be changed I assume that we have to upload everything on
saving. I am however, worried about the fact about possible encoding
issues similar to what happens if you edit attributes such as
description in the ZMI rather than in the CMF and use non-ascii get
problems is this likely to happen here as well?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20