[Zope-CMF] Re: getToolByName depreciation, getUtility, and five.lsm

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Mar 29 07:13:28 EDT 2007

Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> I would say that all of Acquisition is dark implicit magic and something
> I expect when developing in Zope 2. When using Zope 3 concepts in Zope 2
> I also expect the need to make the Zope 3 code Acquisition aware. One
> prime example are browser views, which I need to mix in Acquisition in
> order for them to work.

But Products.Five.BrowserView hides that particular detail from you, as
much as getToolByName could hide the acquisition detail when looking up
tools.

You're suggesting to introduce yet another package that's destined to go
a way at some point, while the same functionality is already available,
it only needs to be un-deprecated...