[Zope-CMF] Content types based on Python objects

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Wed Nov 28 08:03:52 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm working on a new content type for working with tables. The object
is based on the Python dictionary class with __getitem__, __setitem__
and __delitem__ overwritten to allow access to individual cells
allowing for very compact and convenient access to individual cells.

Great, I thought now all I need to do is make this PortalContent but
it seems I'm hitting the great type / class divide of yesteryear

class Grid(dict, PortalContent)

TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases multiple bases have
instance lay-out conflict

Can I get round this or will I have to inherit from PortalContent and
rewrite my methods?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark