[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] newstyle content creation

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Wed Apr 23 11:46:38 EDT 2008

Am 23.04.2008 um 15:10 schrieb yuppie:

> No. As I said: That part is still missing. 'folder_factories'
> provides the old add procedure, the new alternative for 'File'
> content is available as action in the menu.
>
>> Would it be a good idea to move this to a menu item like
>> object_actions? Got the code for this.
>
> Maybe. Does your code use the type infos or additional actions
> (attached to the type infos or stored in the actions tool) to get
> the data? Do your actions provide a way to specify the object id (as
> possible in folder_factories) or how do you choose the ids?

Okay. Had a quick look your implementation and I think I understand
it! 8-)
Had trouble with createAndAdd and finishCreate but now I understand
them. Shouldn't there be default finishCreate in the
ContentAddFormBase so that it's obvious we have to overwrite it? It's
taken me such a while to get my head around the ProxyFieldProperty
stuff that I've made all my new content stuff work without it but I
can see you've used it elegantly. I also understand what you mean
about making a menu for this stuff. It would be nice to have some
configuration for this so that we don't have to rely on actions such
as AddFile, AddImage, etc. Would that be something like listing all
views that provide a specific interface?

BTW. got bitten by the five.localsitemanager dependency with my 2.10
install. I've just reread the posts on this and I didn't quite
understand them. Things worked fine, of course, when I dropped CMFCore/
src/five into my lib/python folder but I'm guessing this is something
that's going to be phased out and that we're expecting users to be
able to install the package separately themselves. Is this assumption
correct?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark