[Zope-CMF] Formlib and multiple forms

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Mon Apr 28 09:30:15 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm going about this the right way but I'm struggling
with using formlib to generate a group of forms / set of repeating
elements in what is effectively a grid. I think that either I need to
use a collection or a set of forms with different prefixes but I'm
still struggling a bit with this.

I have a concert object type that takes place in several cities so the
repeating element would be the city with the additional information
such as date, address and price. Effectively I have two schemas and
while I could, I suppose use two different objects (Concert &
Location), it is important that for the application that the Location
information for all venues can be edited at once: effectively a list
of dictionaries with each key corresponding to a field. Is it possible
to extend a schema like this? Alternatively, and I think this probably
makes more sense: how to do I get the form to be extended repeatedly
with the same interface but a different prefix?

Guidance much appreciated!

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark