[Zope-CMF] Locales in CMFDefault

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Aug 6 10:32:52 EDT 2008

Hi,

In CMFDefault there is the locales/cmf_default.pot file but no .po
files.  Also, there is no domain mentioned in that pot file - it
should be 'cmf_default', like at the bottom of utils.py.  And the
directory is not registered in zcml, though I guess that does not
matter since there are no po files.

Are any translations available anywhere that I have missed?

Is there a wish to add po files for CMFDefault in a central place like
PloneTranslations where lots of people can contribute?

The reason I ask is that a colleague of mine found out (when a client
pointed it out) that in Plone several messages in the registration
procedure are not translated.  For example these ones that you can see
when resetting your password (lines taken from the .pot file):

#: CMFDefault/RegistrationTool.py:71
msgid "Your password must contain at least 5 characters."
msgstr ""

#: CMFDefault/RegistrationTool.py:74
msgid "Your password and confirmation did not match. Please try again."
msgstr ""

It would be nice to have messages like that translated. :-)

(Now why have I not noticed this before...?)

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/