[Zope-CMF] Re: Add forms and menus

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Jul 13 23:00:28 EDT 2008

Daniel Nouri wrote:
> Martin Aspeli writes:
>> Yuppie writes:
>>> but in general that's the way to go. Since z3c.form became the
>>> standard in the Zope 3 world I'd like to see Zope 2 and CMF moving
>>> in the same direction. Unfortunately using plone.z3cform is no
>>> option for CMF because it has a different license and
>>> repository. *If* Plone wants to donate that code to the Zope
>>> Foundation or someone writes something similar (maybe five.z3cform),
>>> I'd be happy to help with CMF integration.
>> Bah, I hate these discussions. I'm sure Daniel Nouri would be happy to
>> relicense. Re-invention for the sake of a license is just too dumb.
>>
>> I'd prefer to keep the name to avoid breaking existing packages, though.
>>
>> Another option is to factor out a few things to a five.z3cform and
>> have plone.z3cform import from it as appropriate.
>
> I just relicensed and moved plone.z3cform to the Zope repository:
>
>   http://svn.zope.org/plone.z3cform/trunk/

Yay!

> Despite the "plone" namespace, it works fine in CMF and pure Zope 2.

A namespace is just a name :).

> *Some* of the functionality (modules) is Plone or CMF specific.  The
> default configure.zcml aims to be usable without Plone or CMF.
>
> There's a buildout.cfg in there that pulls Plone.  I'd like to replace
> it with a Zope2-only one (and maybe move the existing buildout to
> another location).

+100

> The tests work without Plone.

Awesome.

By the way, I've collected a few conventions about maintaining software
in svn.zope.org:

http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/Sandbox/philikon/foundation/maintaining-software.txt
http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/Sandbox/philikon/foundation/releasing-software.txt

It would be nice if everything in svn.zope.org would adhere to these
conventions. I'm just mentioning this since there may be some
differences to Plone's conventions.