[Zope-CMF] Re: Add forms and menus

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Thu Jul 17 07:43:00 EDT 2008

Am 17.07.2008 um 13:12 schrieb Robert Niederreiter:

> class Addform(AddformBase)
>
>    fields = form.Fields(ISchema)
>
> and registering it then like:
>
> <browser:page
>  for="*"
>  name="myfactoryname"
>  class=".foo.Addform"
>  allowed_interface="Procucts.CMFCore.browser.interfaces.ICMFAddForm"
>  permission="add.whatever"
> />
>
> ..does not give the newbee more clue on whats going on than write it
> not
> at all.

With respect, I disagree but there are newbies and newbies and YMMV.

Our experience on my current project has been that the configuration
directives are extremely helpful: our developers have very little
Python or Zope experience but they are all programmers. It hasn't
removed typo's and copy and paste errors but it has more than once
proved invaluable when tracking down errors.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20