[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] type infos and 'add' actions - a proposal

yuppie y.2008 at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Jul 29 14:35:51 EDT 2008

Hi!

Martin Aspeli wrote:
>> - 'url': requires a new type info property, I propose to use
>> 'url_expr' to keep it in sync with normal Action objects
>
> I wonder whether addview_url or something similar would be more
> appropriate, since "the url of a type" is somewhat ambiguous.

Ok. I changed that to 'add_view_expr'. The '_expr' suffix is used to
implement special behavior for expressions.

>> So instead of adding separate 'add' actions we can extend the type
>> info classes, making them implement IAction as well.
>
> How about making them adaptable to IAction instead of directly
> implementing it? That sounds cleaner than trying to bend some of the old
> properties.

Don't think so. IAction just adds one method: getInfoData(). The names I
mentioned are keys in the data structure returned by that method, not
bent properties.

My changes are now checked in on the trunk. So far I didn't add a
'portal_type' variable to the expression context because I don't know an
easy way to do that. The action machinery expects that all callable
attributes of all actions take the same expression context as argument.

Cheers,

	Yuppie