[Zope-CMF] Catalog aware folders

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Mon Jun 30 05:42:38 EDT 2008

Hi,

just noticed something a bit weird: got my own Folderish object that a
minimally customised PortalFolder but it's important that it's in the
catalog. Although PortalFolderBase already inherits from
CMFCatalogAware I've had to explicitly inherit again from
CMFCatalogAware in my class.

ie. I have the following hierarchy.

class PortalFolderBase(DynamicType, CMFCatalogAware, Folder):

     """Base class for portal folder.
     """

class PortalFolder(OrderSupport, PortalFolderBase):

     """Implements portal content management, but not UI details.
     """

class CatalogFolder(CMFCatalogAware, PortalFolder):

     """Folder that will appear in the catalog"""

I've just checked some of my other sites and folders are not
catalogued. Is this a bug?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark