[Zope-CMF] Re: Catalog aware folders

yuppie y.2008 at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Jun 30 06:44:31 EDT 2008

Hi!

Charlie Clark wrote:
> just noticed something a bit weird: got my own Folderish object that a
> minimally customised PortalFolder but it's important that it's in the
> catalog. Although PortalFolderBase already inherits from CMFCatalogAware
> I've had to explicitly inherit again from CMFCatalogAware in my class.

Yes. The class hierarchy is wired. I'm not sure if it is still necessary
to inherit PortalFolderBase from CMFCatalogAware.

> class PortalFolderBase(DynamicType, CMFCatalogAware, Folder):
>
>     """Base class for portal folder.
>     """
>
> class PortalFolder(OrderSupport, PortalFolderBase):
>
>     """Implements portal content management, but not UI details.
>     """
>
> class CatalogFolder(CMFCatalogAware, PortalFolder):
>
>     """Folder that will appear in the catalog"""
>
> I've just checked some of my other sites and folders are not catalogued.
> Is this a bug?

No. By default folders are not content, just structure. SkinnedFolder
does what you want. If you use CMF trunk, your code will not be
sufficient. handleContentishEvent is registered for IContentish objects,
not for default folders.

Cheers,

	Yuppie